Packaging: Discreet & Environmentally Friendly
Out of respect for our customers' varied needs and locations, we provide discreet packaging. We do not print the Bluestockings logo on the packaging, nor does it appear on the receipt, which is the only identifying paper included in the package. The package lists "Bluestockings Boutique" as the return address.
Please note that customs labels for international orders legally require that we print each item included in the package.
All of our packaging materials are earth-friendly:
- The poly mailers are made of 100% recycled materials and are themselves recyclable.
- We use boxes which are recyclable. (USPS boxes often contain recycled materials.)
- Many of the clear packaging bags are also made of 100% recycled materials and are also recyclable. In some cases, we have kept the original packaging material from the company to avoid extraneous waste.
- The brown packaging wrap is biodegradable and can be composted.
To reduce our environmental footprint, we use as little paper as possible in the packaging process.
Current shipping rates (note that all shipping comes with tracking):
- First Class (5-7 days): $5 for orders under $74.99
- First Class (5-7 days): FREE on orders over $75
- Priority Mail (2-3 days): $9
- Express 1-Day: $30
Please note that if you pay via e-check through PayPal, your order will not ship until the check clears. PayPal advises that it takes 3-5 business days for e-checks to clear.
Please check your receipt for your tracking number.
NOTE: If your order is of substantial value, we recommend purchasing shipping insurance for a nominal fee, available in checkout.
We are happy to offer returns on full price items within 14 days of purchase. We do not offer returns on items purchased on sale. At this time, we do not offer exchanges.
Due to the fact that we're online and can't personally check whether items are in acceptable condition (and also due to legal restrictions), we cannot accept returns on the following items:
- All knitwear by Maude Nibelungen
- Any item that has a crotch (e.g. underwear)
- Personal products (e.g. Jimmy Jane; Commando)
- Gift Cards (which also may not be exchanged for cash)
- Any item that was purchased on sale
If any unreturnable items are sent to us, we are not responsible for returning them to the customer or for refunding the purchase. Unreturnable items which are returned to us will be donated to an agency which recycles clothing.
In order to return items, please don't remove any tags. Items that have been worn, washed, or are otherwise compromised will not be refunded. We reserve the right to reject a return based on the condition of the items.
We do not refund any shipping costs in the returns process, nor is any initial shipping refundable.
Please note that once we initiate the return process, the actual date that the refund is posted to your account is determined by the credit card company that issued the original payment. This may take up to two billing cycles for the credit transaction to appear on your statement. Please contact your credit card company directly for further assistance.
If returning an order that is of significant financial value, we advise insuring the package. We will not refund returns that we do not receive, and in the case that a package is lost, insurance will guarantee that you are refunded the value of your items by the postal service.
Refunds will be processed within 7-10 business days of when we receive the returned products. If you have not received a refund within this timeframe, contact your credit card company or bank as the official posting may be delayed. For further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return items, email us at email@example.com. You will receive a return authorization form to be included in the package.
International Shipping & Returns
We offer international shipping, and rates vary by country. Before placing an order with us, please consider the following:
- The customer is responsible for any customs duties and importing fees imposed. UK residents: please be advised that the UK is incredibly diligent about customs, and almost all of my UK customers pay customs fees.
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not offer order cancellations or returns on international items.
- All international orders are insured in the rare case that an order goes missing, so that customers may be refunded in the case that a package is lost.
Note about Foxers products: please note that due to exclusive contracts Foxers has with other distributors, Foxers products cannot be sold to customers in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Germany, New Zealand, Switzerland. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The first time a customer cancels an order before it is shipped, it will be reimbursed in full.
If a customer cancels an order (or part of an order) more than once, there will be a 10% order cancellation fee.
If a customer attempts to cancel an order after it is shipped, they are subject to the Bluestockings return policy.